Being prepared for the unexpected.
Imagine with me for a moment that you’re driving along on a nice and relaxing ride. There is a decent amount of gas in your tank, the music is at the perfect volume and you are just living the life. This would be the perfect moment for something to happen, and BAM it does. You went from cruising along to slowly drifting off to the side and hitting those hazards.
Do you have what you need?
While this is not an extensive and precise list, it does cover the basics and will help ensure that you can at least get to Point B if something were to come up. As the saying goes: “It’s not a matter of if it will happen, it’s a matter of when it will happen.”
- Owner’s Manual You pretty want to have this on you at all times. Everything you could possibly need to know about your vehicle is in that book.
- First Aid This really needs no explanation. Keep in mind that it’s not just for your sake. You may be put in a position where someone else needs it and you happen to be the only one with supplies!
- Charger This day in age, it’s expected that you’ll have your phone on you. If you’re using it for navigation, as well as music, and you just called your friend to give them an ETA, it is likely your battery is going to take a beating.
- Flashlight Could come in handy checking under the hood, using to wave someone down, or to even just start walking.
- Jumper Cables There’s never a guarantee that someone else will have them, so be your own savior. It’s easier than you think to be in a rush and forget your headlights are on, only to come back to a dead car.
- Tire Pressure Gauge Never hurts to know, easy fix, and probably the cheapest tool in this list!
- Fix-A-Flat This is not a permanent fix, should you get a home in your tire. However, it is enough to patch it up and get to wherever you need to be.
- Change of Clothes You honestly never know when you’ll need to change your clothes. Keeping a spare outfit eases a little bit of pressure you may never see coming.
There you have it! These few items should keep you safe and get you to your destination. What items would you add? For more tips and advice check out our blog!
Looking to buy a new vehicle? Browse our entire inventory online!