The 2013 Hyundai Sonata is wickedly fun to drive!
This week I got to test drive a fully loaded 2013 Hyundai Sonata. My favorite features in this car were the panoramic sun roof, all leather interior, heated seats, trunk space, and its overall fun factor. Hyundai’s in general have become a lot more fun to drive in recent years. The 2013 Sonata is no exception, with its sleek feel, smooth controls, and sexy appearance it’s a solid choice for any driver.
It has plenty of leg room.
One of the first things I noticed was how spacious the interior was. You would expect the front seats to have plenty of room, but the backseats were equally as comfortable. Whether you are looking to cart some friends around, join a carpool, or provide the children with a bit more leg room the Sonata has you covered. The trunk also has plenty of space for groceries, sporting equipment, a stroller, or even a double stroller.
Overall the Sonata is a great car.
The 2013 Sonata I took for a test drive this past week was fully loaded. It featured a beautiful dashboard display, leather interior, double sun roof, rear A/C, chrome trim, and just about every feature you could want. If you’re in the market for a new sedan, I highly recommend giving the Sonata a test drive.
New features for the 2013 Sonata.
The Hyundai Sonata is a midsize sedan that competes with the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Ford Fusion in the crowded family-car segment. The five-seat Sonata was completely redesigned in the year 2011, receiving much more distinctive styling and better gas mileage. A hybrid model was also introduced. In 2013 the Sonata received minimal changes with the exception of the discontinued six-speed manual transmission. This left the six-speed automatic as the only option. Other minor changes included the addition of heated front seats, rear A/C, and the choice of two sunroofs — regular or panoramic — for the Limited trim. The Sonata’s exterior had several chrome trim pieces added to the grille and window lines. It also featured a new sloping roof which brought it close in appearance to a Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class or a Volkswagen CC. The Hyundai Sonata is easily distinctive enough to stand out among its direct competitors like the Camry and Accord.
2013 Exterior features include:
- Standard 16-inch steel wheels.
- Available 17- and 18-inch alloy wheels.
- Available dual exhaust.
- Available fog lights.
2013 Interior features include:
Satellite radio, Bluetooth hands-free connectivity, Hyundai’s BlueLink emergency communication system, and auxiliary/USB inputs.
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel.
- CD stereo; choice of two optional premium stereos.
- Available heated leather front and rear seats.
- Available piano-black or simulated wood trim.
- Available touch-screen navigation system.
- Available push-button start and proximity key.
Under the Hood
- 198-hp (200hp SE), 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine.
- Four-cylinder features direct injection for better gas mileage, more power and lower emissions.
- Six-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters on the SE.
Standard safety features include:
- Six airbags
- Active front head restraints
- Electronic stability system with traction control
- Antilock brakes with electronic brake-force distribution and brake assist
- Optional backup camera
Check out our 2013 Hyundai Sonata!